Saturday, February 9, 2019

It's a flimsy: Spare Parts IV

Here it is!

The Chinese Puzzle blocks were my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks for 2018. I made a ninth block in brown but it didn't work with the overall brighter colors.

Two Block Lotto blocks are here. The Dresden sunflowers are obvious. Can you find the California Poppies ?  I sliced the four leftover poppy blocks diagonally and made square-in-squares with the purple tree block (lower center right) and the basket block (lower center).

The polka dot bubbles were left over from this quilt.

As I've done with the other Spare Parts quilts there's a block that repeats in different places. This time it's the nine-patch variation.

The flimsy is 58 x 80 and used 6-1/4 yds (by weight).  Now my design wall is cleared off and I can get to work on the tote bags for One Monthly Goal.

Linking up with So Scrappy .and Oh Scrap! 

P.S. Look how long I've had the border fabric:  here -- and I still have 3/4 yd.

12 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fun quilt! Looks like you had a great trip. That’s quite a stack of books! Glad you missed the snow they’re having now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. should call it "kitchen sink quilt"...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful quilt you have made from all those bits, so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! It's time for me to get out some orphans and play with themn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! on getting Spare Part IV assembled into a quilt top. I'll be looking forward to seeing it quilted. SEW many wonderful pieces and parts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You did great putting it all together. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spare parts is the perfect name for this colorful quilt - fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever use of those CA Poppy blocks! And what a clever use of orphan blocks! What a happy flimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s absolutely gorgeous! For a spare parts quilt, it looks so well planned! I’m loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job turning those orphan blocks into something beautiful. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this fun quilt! I have enough spare parts for a few of this style :) thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.