Friday, December 1, 2017

Month-end: flimsy finished and stash report

It's December!  I woke up, peered at the clock (in the dark): 4:15 a.m. I said, softly but still aloud, "Rabbit, rabbit!" and then caught forty more winks. (Here is the backstory.)

I sashed the 9-patch variation blocks until I ran out of striped sashing.  As a result I put a stack of 9pv blocks in the orphan box for a future project.

The inner border used up nearly all of that particular green print.  The flimsy is approx. 62 x 80 and used 4-1/2 yards.

It didn't seem as though I got a lot sewn this month. My OMG project, the Block Heads, resulted in blocks but no flimsy.  My Pfaff is still in the shop so I couldn't finish quilting the next baby quilt. 

Stash report:
Fabric in, November:  9-3/4 yds., $10.10
Fabric in, YTD:  427-1/2 yds., $1417.36 (avg. $3.37/yd)

Fabric out, November: 25-1/4
Fabric out, YTD: 487-1/2

Net reduction: 60 yards!


Linking up with the Friday Whoopers at Confessions of a Fabric Addict


6 comments:

  1. The striped sashing really adds a lot of character to that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! Congrats on getting it to flimsy stage so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! The striped sashing adds a lot to the simple design. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this quilt! It really is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know about the "rabbit" story, and enjoyed reading about it. I shall try to remember it on the first of the months in the coming year! I enjoy reading your blog. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope to make a triple Irish Chain using a great new book I just got from Lori D on stashbuster! How’s that for killing 2 birds with one stone?

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.