Monday, September 24, 2018

Weekly update: OMG report and a new flimsy

 Here are my September OMG finishes.  I'm linking up with other OMG participants here.

A.  Catch up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Here are the Nine Chinese Puzzle blocks. Each is made out of 32 different prints.





B. Make and send a small quilt to my assigned partner in the Teal Mini Swap hosted by
Beth Helfter (d/b/a Eva Paige Quilt Designs).  My partner is Pat in Pennsylvania. She and I have mutual quilting friends.  She said she likes Kaffe and bright.  I used both. The swap fabric is the ogee print used in the vase. The pattern is by Lori Smith. It's 16 x 20.

I couldn't post pictures before now because I wanted Pat to see it first!









WITB is a Stashbusters initialism meaning "What's In the Box?"  After opening the orphan blocks box and finding parts for last week's projects (the tote bag the Maple Rails runner) I pulled out a bag of 4.5" four-patches.  They are from a long-ago Block Swappers exchange. (We had two variations: four-patch with two fabrics and four-patch with four fabrics.  I chose the two-fabric blocks.)  Here's what they turned into!  The block frames used up all of two different tan prints (one dated 1996) and all but a six-inch square of the dark green (skinny sashes).   The floral sashing was used in this 2011 project . The cornerstones are the only new fabric. I purchased it (on sale, of course) in June. .  5-5/8 yards, all from my stash!

I will call it Boxed Four-Patch.  It's 69 x 81. 




It came together amazingly easily. I designed as I went.  I think I should have put four blocks with the same frames to make one larger block. By the time I figured that out I'd sewn too many to rip out.





And I have a stack of four-patches to return to the box to await future inspiration.

Monday link parties:
Oh, Scrap!
Monday Making
Design Wall Monday
Moving it Forward



13 comments:

  1. Your friend Pat is a lucky lady. I made a wall hanging a few years ago that looks like the same pattern. Mine was from a Kim Dihl quilt book. I love the bright fabrics you used. The Chinese Puzzle Blocks looks like it was a fun quilt to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you did with those four patches. Great design!

    Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt for Pat is a beauty! You use of the four patches is really nice. The framing and sashing add so much to a simple quilt! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the 4 patch quilt! The smaller 4 patches, turned into bigger 4 patches is a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Nann! Your exchange quilt is gorgeous! That will certainly brighten a wall in Pat’s home. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your teal mini swap is beautiful! I did the swap two different years but had to not sign up this year. I love the bright fabrics! What fun! I love your rainbow challenge as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your exchange quilt and the Chenese Puzzle blocks are fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of fun projects from your sewing room. The mini is adorable! And wow, your 4-patch quilt all from left overs and orphans. You'd never know it wasn't planned from the get go. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Chinese puzzle block is amazing! I would never be able to keep that many fabrics in the right spots😀

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job designing that four patch quilt and LOVE your flower pot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty quilts! I love the one for your swap partner, bright and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute little swap quilt.
    And I still have some of those four patches to use up too!
    Congrats on accomplishing your OMG goal.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.