Monday, October 1, 2018

Weekly update, part 1: Quilt Show

Lake County Impressiona XIV, the Northern Lake County Quilters Guild biennial show, was this weekend.  We had a new venue this year -- a former elementary school, now township offices -- which provided sufficient space for quilt exhibits and vendors.  I worked at the boutique on Saturday and the silent auction on Sunday.

At our guild meeting this coming Wednesday we'll
find out who won Viewer's Choice and Member's Choice.









Collage #1:  the Roman Stripe (bottom right) is made out of fine-wale corduroy, front and back.  The maker said the bits of corduroy pile made a terrible mess.

Collage #2
The blue/lime/purple sampler, top right, shows all the blocks made from Deb Tucker's Studio 180 rulers.  The same person made the exuberant paisley (100 x 100) in the center.  Middle right is a Judy Niemeyer pattern. Lower left is the Farmer's Wife. 

Collage #3:  the upper left and middle right are vintage quilts (middle-right is unquilted). The embroidered octopus is about 3' x 4'. 


Here are my entries.  I have blogged about all of them as I've made them. I sold Scraps for Edna (middle right)!

2 comments:

  1. I missed this entry somehow! That Escheresque Heart Bargello is really interesting. My eye is also drawn to your helix quilt. Thanks for the overview of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they are beautiful. I missed seeing this post. What fun to see a quilt show online!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.