Friday, September 21, 2018

On a roll

Another start-and-finish this week.  Believe me, this is highly unusual.  It's a combination of having free time and all the ingredients at hand -- along with great jolts of inspiration.

The reverse-applique batik block was part of a Magpies block exchange back in 2008.  (Thanks, Debs!) Ten years in the orphan blocks box is long enough.  Also, I acquired a yard of black-and-white batik earlier this year which was more than sufficient to make the tote bag.

The tote will be donated (like Wednesday's Maple Rails runner) to the silent auction at the Zion Woman's Club bunco night in October.

The silent auction items were going to be my October One Monthly Goal. Guess I'll need to come up with something else!

Linking up with Can I Get a Whoop Whoop  --  Happy Friday, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great together, nice way to finish an orphan block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use up an orphan block! It should do well at the auction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nann--really like your tote. Did you have a pattern?

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.