"I've got rhubarb if you'd like some," W.D. posted on Facebook. I went to her house and came home with this.
A half hour later it was cut, bagged, and frozen. (Though today I made a rhubarb-strawberry pie. I found a bag of sliced strawberries at the back of the freezer dated June 30. Time to use them!)
|Dicentra (bleeding heart)|
The vegetable patch will be tilled this coming week. We are late but we are hopeful.
|Aresaema triphyllum (Jack in the Pulpit)|
In the studio: it was time to make something just for the sake of it. Quilts without destinations or deadlines go together so easily! This began with a dusty-pink 1990's print. There was just enough of it for the inner squares. A second pink yielded enough for the outer squares with a half-dozen squares left over. A third pink (with blue paisleys) is used in the setting triangles. There's a FQ-plus left of that. The blue border is of a similar age. The 3.5" nine-patches are from the Block Swappers. Alas, participation in the group dwindled and it was closed last month. I still have several hundred nine-patches on hand.
I've used this setting before:
here and here.
Weekly link ups:
Design Wall Monday
Moving It Forward