Monday, August 28, 2017

Weekly update: unplanned and an OMG start


Another scrappy detour!  I credit Wanda, who blogs at Exuberant Color, for my recent infatuation with batik HSTs.  

After I made Batik Jewels in June I still had a stack of 3.5" HSTs.  A quilter posted a photo of this block design to the Scrap Quilt Enthusiasts FB group and I prudently saved the picture. (Hers was fall-colored homespuns.)

The sashing pieces were cut 2.5 x 6.5.
This flimsy is 68 x 72 and used 5-1/2 yards.









I *must* get going on the AAUW holiday quilt.  It needs to be done mid-October so I can sell tickets at the fall workshop.  We'll be on vacation for two weeks in September so that reduces my sewing time.  Every year I know I'll make a holiday quilt and nearly every year I have a heck of a time deciding what to make.

This is "Tree Farm" by Oda May for Moda. You can get the pattern here.  I made one block last evening.

Monday linkups: Design Wall Monday
Oh Scrap!
Monday Making
Main Crush Monday















10 comments:

  1. What a fun layout for those HSTs. I like! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love how a simple block like HST can create a dynamic design. This is one I want to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that, I made the table runner like that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice flimsie!
    The Christmas trees will make a pretty raffle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I'll ever get tired of working with triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of those pieces! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new batik project, very colorful. The Christmas Trees are going to make for a very festive holiday project. Good luck on getting it finished in time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That twist design is so simple but looks complex, a fascinating top. The tree is cute and I'm sure you will get your tree quilt done in time. Have a good vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the batik triangles in the ribbons columns down the flimsey! any thoughts yet on how you will quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. get going nann? doesn't look like you hardly come up for air....nice projects!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.