Monday, May 7, 2018

Weekly update: round robin results and a tote bag

"It's All About the Habit" was Sharon Evans' presentation at Wednesday's NLCQG meeting.
 She wore a nun's habit as a costume and set out Ten Commandments for good quilting habits.  The delivery was light-hearted, the advice serious. Great fun!



(And, by the way, Sharon has made SIX Dear Janes, each in a different genre and colorway. Wow.  Karen McTavish quilted them. Wow again.)












The guild round robin came full circle. We got our own starter blocks back.    I had forgotten what I wrote in the design notes, but it turned out that I suggested a rectangular setting. I asked for only batiks and that each round use some of the background from the initial block. I'm delighted with the results!

[That final border is made out of 1-1/4" squares.]







Here are the other round robin flimsies.

# # # # #

In my studio: I finished quilting Batik Chain (here's the flimsy).

I used a panel of batik hexie rosettes for the first of two tote bags for the Rotary Golf Outing.  (Photo in last week's post.)  The seams that joined the rosettes weren't very secure so I  zigzagged over each of them.    (The zigzagging took two hours: one panel for Father Brown and the second for Death in Paradise, two of our Saturday PBS programs.)





I call it a design element




A hexie trims the inner pocket 


Here's the initial fabric selection for the second Golf Outing tote. The event is Friday, May 18. I have other projects with due dates so I need to get cracking.

Monday link ups:
Design Wall Monday
Monday Making
Oh Scrap!
Moving It Forward



4 comments:

  1. Fun presentation! Did you get a full on pic of the 10 commandments? The first 5 were great. You seem to be keeping up with your due dates. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have been a fun presentation! Your RoundRobbin turned out very nicely It will be good to see how you finish it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 10 Commandments for good quilting habits. those were good. I'm gonna have to share that.
    Wow great round robin. Glad you were happy with yours. It can be scary waiting to see what everyone added to your medallion. It's pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My, the round robins are all so awesome! Love your rectangle. The presentations looks like fun and hour design element for the hexies is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.