Familiar ground for this week's Hike Lake County walks. On Wednesday, Ethel's Woods (named for Ethel Untermyer who led the effort to create the Lake County Forest Preserve District in the 1950's). Today, Lyons Woods (named for Isaac Lyons who settled the area in 1843).
The monarch stayed still long enough for several snapshots.
# # # # # #
Roberta, a guild friend, said she had some scrap fabric for me if I was interested. I went to her house on Wednesday (after Ethel's Woods). You may recall that I pulled scraps and yardage for the guild rafflemania that was cancelled (plumbing problems at the senior center where we meet), and that I gave that fabric away. Well, Roberta gave me scraps and yardage that she and a couple of other guild members intended for rafflemania. By weight 128 lbs. I'm going to share a lot of this bounty, especially the scraps.Solid progress in the studio.
This is one of those designs that is throwing itself together. I hope to have it assembled for Monday's post.
# # # # # #
Stitched was a lot of fun! A group of quiltmakers have their longtime friendship tested when they prepare their group quilt for a prestigious annual competition.
Here's the blurb on the back.
The cover art is by textile artist Victoria Van Der Laan who uses only reclaimed/secondhand fabric for her work.
# # # # # #
Linking up with Finished or Not Friday
No comments:
Post a Comment
I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.