Monday, January 29, 2024

Weekly update: a gift and lots of blocks

 

Late last week Barb-the-quilter called to say that our mutual friend Fran gave her two boxes packed with fabric. Might I be interested?

What do you think I said?

90 yards by weight.  Mostly FQs, many 1990s-era.  (I know because I once had many of them.)    I am going to pass a lot of this along.





I finished all the double four patch blocks and assembled rows.  They're hung in columns because the design wall is wider than it is tall.




I ended up with extra blocks.  I'm already envisioning a low-volume blend of magenta and blue with a few pops of green.

 




I began sewing the batik scraps into a version of  Wanda's cobblestones.  Mine are 5.5" unfinished.  

Linking up with Sew and Tell  Oh Scrap! Design Wall Monday 


12 comments:

  1. Ooh - love those double 4 patch blocks. Did you use all batiks? It looks like it. I recognize some of those fabrics too. I'm always impressed at how fast you get projects done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - more fabric? You're going to have enough to open your own store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza...gorgeous blocks all...fabric is just so darn tempting...fully understand the detours...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the watercolor look of your double 4-patch blocks in batiks. <3 Thank you for sharing in this week's Sew & Tell. Blessings,. M

    ReplyDelete
  5. By keeping the cobblestones all one size you will have a much easier time with layout than I did with 10 different widths.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those cobblestones, Wanda and Nann! Dot in NC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Double 4 Patch project, Nann - such pretty color! Looks like those leftover blocks are the start of another pretty design, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, I have been enjoying Wanda's cobblestones and look forward to your version. Maybe after I finish a couple things I might move on to that....

    Ceci

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's lovely to see something bright at such a grey time of year. Why didn't I think of that when I decided it was time to thin the sludge colours?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely double 4 patches. Together it looks really great. So easy block, but it creates such a great overall design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The double 4 patch turned out beautifully, love all those colors. Your cobblestone blocks are really fun too. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your 4-patch blocks look amazing. I thought it was an Irish Chain at first. Silly me!! I love that you were given fabric. That happened to me once and it still thrills me when I locate a scrap or two from it. Enjoy the goods and well done on finishing with some extra blocks. What a bonus!!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.