Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Midweek: January wrap up with a finish

 


I took advantage of the sunshine Monday and had a good long walk at Lyons Woods Forest Preserve.  It was great to get back on the trail.

Yellow:  willow.  Green:  Japanese roses.  Red:  dogwood.

# # # # # 

With a fifth Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this seems to be a bonus week, doesn't it?  January seemed to pass quickly, though.  

I had a productive month in the studio with EIGHT finishes.  


January OMG:  wonky log cabin, made out of neckties, for the MQG Mini Swap.  I sent it off mid-month.


I posted photos of these earlier.  The quilts at top right, lower center, and lower right are all wheelchair sized. The mug rugs (counted as one finish) are for an ongoing P.E.O. project.





And, ta da!  The batik double four-patch is finished!  I quilted it with the serpentine along the block edges horizontally and vertically, as well as the diagonals.  

  


The back uses some of the delicious batiks from Barb M's estate.

And that leads me to the stash report.

Fabric OUT, January:  125 yards. That includes fabric given away as well as sewn up.

Fabric IN, January:  294 yards -- 204 from the estate sale and 90 from a destash.   $430 -- average $1.46 per yard.

I have big plans for February with two commissions and other projects with specific due dates.  Come back on Friday for the details.

Linking up with Midweek Makers Wednesday Wait Loss OMG January

10 comments:

  1. oh man i love that double four patch.....very very nice...batiks do help i know...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your double 4 patch. I don't think I have ever made a multicolor one. Maybe I should. I have batik strips already cut in the right widths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you really rocked it in January! Too many finishes to count and each very pretty. Love that batik four patch! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/31/wednesday-wait-loss-365

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an amazingly quick finisher, Nann! I love that double 4 patch. Isn't it great to have January weather that allows us to get outside? We're enjoying it here in Colorado, too - but snow coming back on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice works in January, Nann!! I love that batik dbl. 40patch--so pretty...you've accomplished a lot.
    I am hoping to do better than my one "little" finish in February--going to be binding Ojos 2 (made binding today) tomorrow and begin to make placemats that have been waiting in line...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. From the frozen tundra to the 60's here in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful group of finishes. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly made the most of this first month of the year. Congrats on all the finishes. The batik double 4 patch is my favorite. Hope your February is just as successful. We have an extra day to stitch this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you! All those finishes in one month must make you feel as though you've accomplished a lot (which you have).

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.