Sunday, November 5, 2023

Weekly update, part 1: another quilt show!

The Fine Art of Fiber is an annual collaboration among Illinois Quilters Inc., North Suburban Weavers Guild, and the North Suburban Needle Arts Guild. It is held the first weekend of November at the Chicago Botanic Garden. I went on Friday morning.


Bur first, the fine art of friendship! A quick FB exchange with Erica P., a fellow Quiltville fan, led to a meetup. As she and I were talking someone said my name. It was library colleague Elisa T. Later I saw Mary H., an Alpha Gam sister. And then Barb G. from AAUW.





Here are some of the quilts on display.   



This was my favorite.

There were also weavings and embroidered pieces.  It was nice to see work by Sue Daurio ! (Upper left and lower center.) 

The show features a big boutique of fiber-related items -- wearable art, jewelry, gifts.  

No visit to the Botanic Garden would be complete without photos of plants! 

Indoors: 

and outdoors (upper right: getting ready for the holiday light show)


1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was an incredible show - and even better that there were plants in addition to the creations.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.