Sunday, January 15, 2023

Weekly update: RSC blue, the mini swap, and a gift

 

More mild weather this week meant time for several walks--Camp Logan (Illinois Beach State Park) and three forest preserves:Sedge Meadow River Trail, Raven Glen West, and Rollins Savanna.  

Top right:  milkweed pod. Center: "winter berries" is my generic name; moss is about the only green this time of year. Bottom: ground cherries; Indian hemp, aka dogbane, pods.  Here's more about dogbane.


# # # # #



When I finished My Blue Heaven last month there were enough triangles and squares left over to make 26 star blocks. They are 8-1/2" unfinished.

I'm not sure how I'll set them.

Since blue is the January RSC color this is my entry.

# # # # #




Last week I showed a possibility for the MQG mini swap.  I wasn't crazy about it. I tried something else.  That didn't click, either.  Third time's the charm and now the mini-quilt is ready to be quilted.  It's still a surprise so you only get a peek.  I'll mail it this week.





A friend stopped by on Friday afternoon with a bag of quilting  fabric.  20 yards by weight.  What fun!  (Some I'll keep and some I'll pass on.)


Linking up with RSC at So Scrappy   Oh Scrap!   Design Wall Monday






9 comments:

  1. so great that you used the leftovers from one quilt for another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blue and white.....here it is definitely spring 50s all week...no flakes yet....lawns still green...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty stars from your leftovers, looking forward to seeing how you decide to set them. A bit of snow on the ground here, though nowhere near what we usually have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those blue stars will make another wonderful quilt. It's always a bonus when the leftovers can go right into another project. I have a guild swap project that I'm ready to hand quilt, and will go into the car with me in a couple of weeks for a long road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blue blocks! Off to a great start on using up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even when it's winter there are interesting things to see in nature. You've got some fun photos of those. The star blocks are fun, what a great way to use up the left overs. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 20 yards!!! Better get stitching! Love your star blocks with the four patches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great star quilt in the works. And zowie! 20 yards of quilting fabric? Terrific. You'll be making something wonderful with all (or lots) of that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nann, Your blue stars are beautiful. They will make a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.