Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Midweek: WITB = wheelchair #12

 

The same same drawer that held the MixMash blocks (see Monday's post) also had a few red rails blocks--17, to be precise.  (For me a red rails *block* is composed of four red rails *units.*  A unit is made out of 3 pieces, 1.5"x3.5".)

Since I emptied the 1.5"x3.5" box for this quilt I wasn't ready to sew up a whole bunch more rails units, let alone rails blocks. 

While I was rooting around in the orphans box I came across some blocks that I pieced out of leftovers from Grassy Creek, the 2020-21 Quiltville mystery:   4" baskets and 6" Louisiana blocks.   (The gray/white print that frames the baskets was in another box of leftovers from the 2021 wedding quilt.)

I put them all up on the design wall and here's what happened!   This flimsy is 36" x 48",just right for a wheelchair quilt for the guild charity project.


Here is the January One Monthly Goal thus far.  Because the finished wall hanging is supposed to be a surprise I won't show you more than this.  


Linking up with Midweek Makers and Wednesday Wait Loss

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on another top completed! How clever to use up your scraps and orphan blocks to create something new and beautiful. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed at how you can put elements together to make wonderful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever way to use the leftovers from several projects to make something fabulous. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using leftovers and having them work out so well is delightful. This is a great wheelchair quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this one, it's got so much movement. No-one would ever know that the fabrics weren't specifically chosen for it, it all holds together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you put flannel on the back of wheelchair quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You would never know those blocks didn't start out as the makings of one quilt. Congrats on finding a home for all those orphan blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hum, your drawers come through with another great quilt. I wish I made progress as fast as you. Although I must admit I know I'm not fast but I get things done at my speed.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.