Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Midweek: two more flimsies in the series

 

On Monday I wrote about the burst of inspiration from the guild's charity project, wheelchair-sized lap quilts that are 36" x 48".  

Here are the next two in the series.  I'm using units from the parts department and orphan blocks so half the work is done.  (Full disclosure:  I've had to make a few extra blocks -- for example, I had nine Scrappy Trips blocks so made six more, and had nine Positivity blocks so made one more.) 

Come back on Friday to see what else I've come up with!  

Linking up with Wednesday Wait Loss Midweek Makers    

8 comments:

  1. What an awesome use of that fabric for your guild's charity project. I love making this size of quilt because they are such quick finishes. My younger daughter is an OT at a VA hospital, and she said they had a couple of people locally that would make lap quilts for the patients. And they were always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to put flannel on the back of wheelchair quilts so that they don't slip off the lap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great, Nann! A nice size for the recipient, and good way to use up some scraps, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lap quilts are a blessing for those who need them . . . and they sew up fast for the quilter. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project, and I admire the way your "Parts Department" seems to have lots of resources!

    Ceci

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure these will be well appreciated - good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a clever idea! These quilts will be well loved and much used I predict. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow fast work nann...the machine is smokin!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.