Friday, December 16, 2022

Friday check in: two more!

 


Here are #7 and #8 in the wheelchair series.  

The pinwheels were my 2019 RSC block.  I had 73 remaining from the original 365.  (Full disclosure:  I had to make a few more to get the colors I wanted for this design.)

The four-patch blocks are 4.5" unfinished.  I had a small stack of "four-patch same" meaning four-patches made of two pairs of squares (as opposed "four-patch different" with four different fabrics).  

And flimsy #9 is in progress!

P.S.  Also in progress:  the new flooring in the three bedrooms!  One room was finished yesterday.  Today the carpenter is working on the office (the third bedroom). That means  my weekend will be spent hauling boxes in from the garage where they've been since August. Silly me to think the remodeling would be done quickly.

Out with the old! (And this wasn't the oldest carpet.) 


In with the new!








Linking up with  Finished or Not Friday   

7 comments:

  1. New flooring looks awesome. That is a project that needs to happen in a couple of rooms in my house too. I want the carpet OUT of my dining room, and replaced with hardwood. We have porcelain tile in our kitchen and utility room, and that needs updating too. But it's such a big project that we've put it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh nice flooring indeed...glad it isn't hampering your sewing...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are having fun with the wheelchair series. Lovely results.

    I think we need a new house and not just new floors. We have found some termites eating away at things. Ewwww! Creepy!

    And, what!...a comforter but not a quilt on that bed? Nann!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we moved here we decided that the bedroom carpet would do for the time being. That was 31 years ago, I can't cope with the work in moving the bed and wardrobes to replace it. I'm also making quilts from the odd block bag, I'm up to two tops and three backs so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun additions to your series. Hopefully things go more quickly from here on out. We are going to start a remodel project after the first of the year, I'm not looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new floors are beautiful! It was worth the long wait and should be much easier to care for. Merry Christmas to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New Floors!!! They are gorgeous!!!
    and your quilts - you are making such beautiful one!! I love your creativity in these!!!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.