Friday, December 23, 2022

Friday check in: brrrr! and yet another flimsy!

 It's cold and windy this morning -- temp is -4 and wind chill makes it -28, but the sun is shining.  We had only 2" of snow out of the storm.  (We lived in Maine and in North Dakota. We can get through this!)   I've run all the errands so we'll stay inside today. 

I was taken by one of Cathy K's quilts -- see  this post -- and had to give it a try.  I did it jelly-roll-race style by sewing the black/white/gray strips, adding a brightly colored patch, and repeating. When I had sewn a 300"-long piece I sliced it into 39" pieces.  I arranged those on the design wall (to avoid no-two-fabrics touching).  

It's 36 x 48, 1-7/8 yards.

In retrospect I might have balanced it better with a couple of brights on the right side, but I can live with this.

I need to declare a basting day and then a quilting day to turn all these wheelchair flimsies into quilts.

Linking up with Finished or Not Friday

8 comments:

  1. looks good from here....cold front just hitting now but wind is raging...we got rain...i'm in for the day as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looks really good, and what a clever technique. I've done a couple of Jelly Roll Race quilts with squares of contrasting color between the strips. But I like this idea of using multiple strips with bigger sections of color. When I was in college in Brookings (SDSU) SD, we used to joke that there was nothing between campus and the Arctic Circle except North Dakota - and that was completely flat and didn't stop the wind. I guess anyone living in the upper third of the US is used to this type of winter weather occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea - why don't I ever think of it - glad someone did!! Simple yet so attractive!! Merry Christmas and stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for wheel chair quilt (especially for men--I always find them challenging for quilts). Wishing you a safe and happy holiday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like that color blocking, makes the top so interesting! Stay safe and sew on !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt looks great. I thought it was well balanced on my first two looks. But I can see why you would like a little splash of color on the right. But we both know who ever gets it will be thrilled with it. I'm in quilting/finishing mode for the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh I really like that one - the pops of color are so fun!! and its perfect size. Hopefully you stayed warm and safe - and have gotten to see the sun again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun fun and quick project.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.