Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Midweek: having fun getting there

 I'm behind with working on non-quilting responsibilities but while I procrastinate on those I'm having great fun with the batik parts and orphans.  


The panel on the right is 68". That's the length I'm aiming for with the other three.  

The pile on the table has possibilities for the sashes/border. (Side borders only, I'm thinking.)

The brown strip on the wall was just a thought. Now that I see it in the photo I kind of like it.  But this is a constantly evolving design so the end result may be completely different.



I will not use up ALL the parts and orphans with this project.  


Linking up with Midweek Makers Wednesday Wait Loss

Now: to the to-do list!


10 comments:

  1. I never use up all of the blocks either when making an orphan block quilt. I have only made 2 - one with batik blocks, and one with Kaffe blocks. I'll be watching yours for some ideas for my next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching "spare parts" quilts come together--quite a challenge...enjoy!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like great fun! Your spare parts department is quite color and thematically organized!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be such a bright, happy quilt! I love its scrappiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google wouldn't accept my sign-in for the above, Anonymous comment (though now it knows I'm Nancy). No idea what's going on!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful quilt you're making! So much fun to use orphans to create a quilt. Such freedom of design! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should call this one "All but the Kitchen Sink". Love all the different blocks you are playing with.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.