Friday, August 28, 2020

Friday report: OMGs for August

August has melted away!  (So did June and July, for that matter.)  I am pleased to report that  I completed the three wall hangings that comprised my August One Monthly Goal.  

xx 

I made these two for the immediate past co-presidents of the Zion Woman's Club. (I'm the new president.) The club will not resume in-person meetings until February (and that will all depend on the pandemic and guidelines that we don't know yet) so I don't know when these will be presented -- but I'm ready!

xx

The third wall hanging is for the Teal Mini Swap.  Beth Kerr Helfter, d/b/a Eva Paige Quilt Designs, coordinates the swap as a fundraiser for ovarian cancer research in memory of her mother, who died of the disease.  Participants send $15 and get a 10" square of the year's teal fabric. (The fabric is donated by the manufacturer. This year it's Connecting Threads.)  Swap partners are assigned. They make either a mug rug or a mini quilt using the teal fabric as part of the design.  

I used the teal fabric as the berries.  These are all regular quilt fabrics (not batiks). The border is an Australian print. The design is by Edyta Sitar and was published in Quiltmaker, July/August 2009. It's about 18 x 22.  I mailed it to my swap partner on Wednesday. 

I'm linking up with   One Monthly Goal 
and the Friday bloggers at Finished or Not Friday  and Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?


9 comments:

  1. don't you love that cake stand block? and batiks make everything better....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little quilt is so sweet. Is this an annual thing? My mother died from ovarian cancer and this would be a nice way to remember her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! Congrats on meeting your goal.
    I especially love the teal swap mini.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea for meeting your OMG. The two cake stand quilts are wonderful. And your swap quilt is super. Seeing this one makes me want to go through my old Quiltmaker mags. I have done a cursory look for my older Quiltmaker mags but haven’t found them. I “think” there is a box or two in the basement that I haven’t looked in. I sure hope I didn’t dump them but I think I was getting ruthless back then because I have so much stuff. Congrats on your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just linked to OMG for the first time after seeing you and a couple of others do so. It will be fun to see what everyone is doing!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.