Monday, May 4, 2020

Weekly update: masks, houses, rainbow rails -- and blog hop coming!

State parks were opened May 1 -- but our favorite part of the lakefront was closed this weekend due to flooding. (3.37" of rain fell on Wednesday.) We went to the marina and I hiked from that end as far as I could before encountering a 2" deep puddle that went across the trail. 

(Photo on right is not the puddle. It's a stream flowing with the lake in the background.)

# # # # # # #


The 1/4" elastic I ordered from an eBay seller came Saturday. I wasn't careful when I shopped so I paid WAY too much -- $38 for 40 yards.   I made 47 masks, some with the new elastic and some with elastic cord that a friend gave me.

I have made 300 masks and I have fabric cut for more.

















Here are seven more house blocks for my Shelter in Place project. 






On the design wall:  I've begun to assemble Rainbow Rails. The units are one of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects for this year.






I'm joining other quilters in a blog hop this week. The host is Janice (Color, Creating, and Quilting) and there will be prizes.

Here's the schedule. Look for my post on Thursday.

Wednesday, May 6 

Thursday, May 7

Friday, May 8

Linking up with these hosts today Monday Making 

Current reading:  I finished listening to Heaven's Keep by William Kent Krueger, one of the Cork Corcoran series. (I'm listening to them in order.)  I'm reading The Jane Austen Society by Nicole Jenner -- publication date is May 26.  It's a  pleasant novel (no violence!). 

8 comments:

  1. I love all your little houses you are making! Rainbow quilts are so fun and relaxing to look at and I think, easy to make! Somedays. I really like easy. :) Congrats on all the masks made...that's a wonderful thing to do! I've made a few-mostly for family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh i love your little houses -- so cute...and those little strip
    blocks are adorable...nice works ~ ~ ~ waving from afar...
    stay safe now Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, but if I had to sew 300 masks, I would throw my sewing machine at the wall. I have sewn at least 30 masks and I do not want to sew another one. I will if I have to, though. You are the Mask-making Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire you for making that many masks! I’ve made some and hope I’m done with that project! Your little houses are darling and will make a fine memory of this time. Stay safe. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your shelter in place project

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I’ve read all of we. Kent Krueger's books in that series so far! I loved them! You’ve made so many masks! One local agency reached out to me, so I made them 25, took care of my family and a few friends and their families. I gave a couple away to random people who were without, and have a half dozen left over for whomever might need them. But I didn’t really like making them. I’m making a shelter in place house quilt, too, as a leader/ender project. Seems appropriate! I like your houses better!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.