Monday, April 27, 2020

Weekly update: sewing ahead

We attended church via YouTube yesterday. They've been recording the service for a couple of weeks but this was the first time we've tuned in. We sang along with the hymns.

It was sunny and warm for my afternoon walk. I saw a radio-tagged Blanding's turtle. (Here is information about the recovery program.)

# # # # # # # # # #







I'm up to 49 Shelter in Place house blocks -- one per day of the stay-at-home order, so this takes me to May 2.







 I want to sew ahead so that I can clean off the cutting table.  The sew-ahead includes making HSTs for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I've made seven months' worth and now I'm laying out yellow and neutral 5" squares.




But I got requests for three masks and while I was at it I made 25 more. (I gave 20 to the coordinator for a local agency.) 
I am generating more scraps than I'm using so I started units for a new scrappy project.

Linking up with Monday Making
Oh Scrap!
Design Wall Monday

3 comments:

  1. yeah i sing along with the hymns too...lovely scraps all around and oh those houses....you are tempting me again nann!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Singing along at home is fun for me, too. That radio tag seems awfully large for a small turtle. I should have started Shelter in Place blocks, although with the extensions of ours, the top could be larger than kind sized. Still, your cheerful colors soothe my mind. A nice distraction. My scrap bag is beyond overflowing. It's all over the floor now. I'll have to do something soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! Only YOU would get an order for 3 masks and make 25, Nann. SEW funny! I'm looking forward to seeing that yellow project progress.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.