Friday, April 24, 2020

Friday update: OMG and SIP

It's time to post One Monthly Goal achievements.  I completed my OMG: to begin the house-themed mug rugs for the  Illinois P.E.O. Home Fund .  The mug rugs will be given to each chapter who sponsored a Home Fund recipient this year -- about 20 in all.  One of the other two committee members will make a few.

The OMG Finish Link Up is here




I've made 37 blocks for Shelter in Place, my pandemic "souvenir" quilt.   My idea is to make one block for each day. Yesterday the Illinois governor extended the shelter-in-place order through May 31. That will result in 78 blocks.

The blocks are 8.5" unfinished. This design wall arrangement is by orientation of the border strips.

I'm having fun using 2.5" motifs for the windows. 

I made three masks in response to friends' requests this week. I will make more to have on hand now that they're required when people go to stores.

Linking up today at Finished or Not Friday 

11 comments:

  1. I think that it was a good job you went with 8" house blocks and not anything bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bright cheerful houses look so inviting, like sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea for mug rugs. Fun idea for a souvenir quilt too. I'd have fun finding things to put in the windows too. As it is I guess I'll have to be a window peeper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection of blocks - that will be a cool quilt to remember our year by! Thanks for linking up to Finished (or not) Friday too! I love to see your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have "built" some pretty houses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute houses ! That’s a good way to put a positive spin on this sheltering at home, too. You will have a nice and fun quilt to commemorate this hopefully once in a lifetime event.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely houses, the pieced roof is a great idea! Love the windows too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great houses. That'll be a nice souvenir.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.