Friday, April 17, 2020

Coming up from the mask factory

200 masks, 39 yards of fabric. (You know me:  I keep track of what I use!)


The most recent request was, "Could I have 10 masks?  But, please, no flowers. These are for guys."  So I found some tone-on-tone. 



 


I've tossed the mask scraps into a shoebox which now overflows.  I've thought about making blocks from the scraps as a souvenir.


I'm going to take a break from masks and get started on this month's OMG.  I hope to have photos of some accomplishment for the Weekly Update post on Monday.



 
Yesterday I walked over to Liz and Bob's house to deliver some new books and retrieve those she had read.  On the way back I stopped at Steffi's house.  We had a great chat,  properly masked and socially distanced.  (Yes, I made her mask.)  Steffi was happy to exchange the books I'd gotten back from Liz for books she'd finished.

Linking up at Finished or Not Friday



5 comments:

  1. Two hundred! I've cut one out and I'm still looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One is 'do-able'. It is the next 199 that are overwhelming. I took 50 to the nursing home in town, and I'm working on +/- 100 for the local grocery store. I had lots of fruits and veggies, so guess what they are getting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow nann that is an astounding count...you have earned lots of sewing time i'd say...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once a librarian, always a librarian! I still am in awe of your mask quantity. I’m curious about which pattern you are doing. I have tried a lot of different ones but I’ve settled mostly on the pleated surgical style mask and maybe a “cousin” of it made wider, no pleats but gathered with one continuous ties on the sides that have been turned over to make channels. The pattern is very fast if you have grosgrain ribbon or bias tape or shoe strings. When you make your own double fold ties it takes longer. The pattern I have says 3 layers of fabric which the first 5 or so I made have. But I think they are too thick to get them to gather up well. So today I. Trying with 2 layers and possibly 2 layers with an interfacing. I’ve gotten pretty fast at making double fold ties so this combo would speed up my production. But, I am still working a little on m.y own projects. There will be a finish on Monday's post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you on the masks - and look at you being a traveling librarian!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.