Wednesday, April 1, 2020

A new month! Stash report and OMG


Rabbit, rabbit!  I remembered to say the magic words this morning.

(The photo shows my sister (right) and me in 1956.)

Stash report for March:
Fabric in:  NONE
Fabric out: 138-3/4 yards
YTD fabric in:  210-1/2 yards, $455
YTD fabric out: 307-5/8 yards
Net:  97-1/8 OUT  (hooray!)

That 138-3/4 includes *102* yards given
away to online friends.  I made a tote bag.  I also got a head start on my RSC rail fence units (in addition to teal I made red, yellow, and dark blue).  I finished the two ALA Biblioquilters quilts and made a scrappy rail fence quilt.  AND I made a garment -- actually two garments, pajama top and bottoms for me. (That entailed 5/8" seams, seam finishes, and buttonholes.)

I decided it's time to organize all the patterns I've torn from quilt magazines.  The categories are not all-encompassing -- there will still be a stack of "because I like them."  But the "This Old Quilts" series by Gerald Roy will go ino a notebook and the Popser tales by A. B. Silver will go into another. There's a stack of tote bag patterns, a stack for Christmas, and a stack for floral applique (centers for medallions, or for wallhangings).

It's time to declare my One Monthly Goal for April:   get started on house-theme mug rugs.  These will be sent to the P.E.O. chapters who sponsored candidates for grants from the P.E.O. Home Fund for 2019-2020.   (The grants go to women over age 65 who need financial assistance to stay in their homes. The money goes to repair projects like a replacement furnace or a new roof.)   Ordinarily we'd have them at the state convention, but that's been cancelled so we'll mail them.   I have to select a pattern and make a prototype, then send the pattern to the two people on the committee.  We have 20 grants for this year.

Linking up with Elm Street Quilts OMG




7 comments:

  1. Wow, you have gotten a lot done! I too am working on cleaning and organization...on we go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like enough inspiration to last a while there...i have a couple of those piles as well...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, no time like the present to organize and clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At one time our printer worked/coordinated with my computer, and I printed off lots of stuff. Each year I would need to organize them by piles: cooking, good ideas to live cheaper, general quilt making, paper piecing, etc., hand embroidery, quilt-a-longs, etc. Still jumbled some of them, went into separate areas of big 3 ring binders with separating pages indicating a different category. Then I was gifted used file folders when hubby downsized... so they hold more recent categories, and are in the bookshelf with their respective subject matter. Time to hole punch and fill some more big 3 ring binders, found at Good-Will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really great project for the month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute photo. Cleaning is so therapeutic sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun project. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.