Sunday, January 5, 2020

Weekly update: Frolic and RSC



Part 6 of Frolic, the Quiltville mystery, was released January 1.  Part 7 was released January 3.

I am pleased to say that I've kept up with each part, though I admit that this latest was tedious. (Not hard, just a lot of counting, cutting, and sewing.)






Ever since I began participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge I've been attuned to patterns and designs that would lend themselves to all-one-color blocks.  Last year I made pinwheels in the monthly color plus gray, black, or taupe--one pinwheel for each day of that month. I haven't made anything out of them but they're a nice addition to the Parts Department.

Since I'm still not committed to an all-one-color-each-month design I began RSC 2020 with more units: 4.5" (unfinished) half-square triangles, a pair for each day of the month because otherwise I'd have leftover unsewn triangles and you have seen  what I already have .
When I read Angela's post I just saw "green," but she specifically says "light and bright green."  Dark/sage green will come along later.  But these are easy enough that I can make 31 pairs of light/bright green in the coming days and have a head start for the dark/sage green month.

I gave myself two weeks off over the Christmas holiday -- no meetings, no minutes to transcribe, no committees to nag. I pretty much succeeded -- BUT now that time off has come to an end and my to-do list is long.  There's a church committee meeting Monday morning.  I'm giving my Every Quilt Tells a Story program for two different P.E.O. chapters (Tuesday noon and Thursday evening).  The guild's annual Rafflemania is Wednesday and I have to pack up books and fabric to contribute. My chapter his hostess for the P.E.O. Round Table meeting Friday morning (I'm the RT secretary) and our chapter's regular meeting is Saturday. And I have to work on the schedule for the ALA Midwinter Meeting at the end of the month.

Linking up with
Scrap Happy Saturday
Oh Scrap!
Design Wall Monday
 Monday Making

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan for the RSC (and a crazy-busy week coming up for you!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you took some time off and hope you enjoy your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your plan for RSC. I still haven’t decided how to tackle this but I’m thinking about using the Block Head blocks from 2018 since they were all two fabric blocks. Maybe....... Sounds as if you’re off to a busy month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you look at the tabbed pages on the RSC blog, Angela has a list of the 2020 colors in the 2020 write up. I find that list helps a lot with my planning process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m participating in the RSC Challenge this year, but the block I’ve chosen, although small, uses multiples of same color scraps. That means digging, because here in Tx I’m not very organized. Well see how long that lasts! Sounds like you’re going to be pretty busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nann, Nice to meet you post "block Lotto". I enjoyed making those blocks when I could. I missed some months but usually tried to get at least one done. Won once in the years of my belonging. Those blocks are on my u.f.o. to do list this year. Not sure if you have looked yet but my addy is: butrfly2222.blogspot.com. Happy quilting. :)Carol M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Usually all those tedious pieces make some pretty snazzy designs ❄️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's quite an agenda for this week. Hope you've been able to keep up and play in the sewing room a bit too.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.