Monday, October 1, 2018

Weekly update, part 2: an accessory, two finishes, and the stash report

Antoinette's Quilt Shop of Plover, Wisconsin, was one of the quilt show vendors (see previous post). They make ironing board extenders in three sizes (and a 36" square mini-board).  I bought the small size -- just $50 and "free shipping to your car," as they joked.

It's made out of particle board covered with reflective stuff, batting, and heavy cotton duck.






I had a productive week in the studio with two finishes!

Here is my version of Rowan Baby, made from a pattern in  a 2005 Kaffe Fassett book.  There are no Kaffe prints in it so perhaps it should be called Decaf.

The pieced back uses 3.5" nine-patches from the Block Swappers.




I wrote a week ago that Boxed Four-Patch had come together easily.  The quilting was painless, too.  I put loopy flowers in each four-patch, serpentine in the green sashes, spiral in the red sashes, and almost-feathers in the border.    The pieced back used up nearly all of four different tan prints and more Block Swappers' four-patches.

I haven't quite decided on my OMG list for October, but meanwhile here's the Stash Report for September:
Fabric IN:  23-1/2, $125
Fabric OUT: 37-1/8

Year-to-date:
Fabric IN:  244-1/8, $875 ($3.58/yd)
Fabric OUT: 438-3/8
Net decrease:  194-1/4   Hooray!

Monday link ups:  Monday Making
Oh, Scrap!
Design Wall Monday
Moving It Forward 

7 comments:

  1. Groan--puns before coffee (fully caffed/Kaffed, thank you)! I'm not sure I like that kind of start to a day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on selling your scrap quilt! It is really pretty! I like your pieced backs for a couple of quilts! Get rid of the leftovers! Give folks some to look at beside the front, too. Two quilts in one! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a busy week again! Love the big ironing board and 2 finishes! Awesome. Love love love scrappy backs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ironing board, I guess you will enjoyed it a lot! Pretty quilts, I love the way you add interest to your quilt backs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of scraps Nann. Both quilts look great - front and back.

    Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my version of a big board. Next time I cover it I might use cotton duck instead of quilting cotton. Time will tell. Congrats on two finishes. And a very nice fabric usage number. I got a very nice early morning laugh from your puns. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That ironing board extension sure looks like a good investment. Never heard of such a thing. Decaf, huh? Funny. And you probably have a little of me in that nine patch and four patch. Do you still have more of each? I need to learn to appreciate pieced backs. I LOVE piecing but not if it is a backing for some reason.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.