Tuesday, October 2, 2018

OMG, October edition

My One Monthly Goal for October is to catch up on Blocks of the Month.  Yes, that's plural.  (I often have multi-part OMGs.)

A.   The guild BOM for 2017-2018 has featured a different Missouri Star pattern each month.    Those who bring all the blocks set (quilting not required) to the November guild meeting will qualify for a grand prize.  I need to make the June,July and August blocks. (This photo shows two of one month's block.)  I have a setting in mind.

(I used homespuns and cream-on-cream. The green background is not part of the setting; rather, it's so that you can see the block better.)








B. The guild BOM for 2018-19 is paper-pieced wonky houses.  Here is my September block. For OMG I will make the October block.  (My theme:  Dot's House, using polka dots.)


C.  October is the last month for the 2018 Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  The color is dark and sage green.   You've seen my Chinese Puzzle blocks often.  This will be #10.



I'm joining  other OMGers at Elm Street Quilts

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea, BOM from Missouri Star. I love the colors you chose. Your little house is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your goals. Hope you win the grand prize. Cute Dot's house but I'm not sure paper-pieced and wonky belong in the same sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish you all the best. May you win the grand prize too. Oh the possibilities with the dots are endless and the houses are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.