Monday, September 17, 2018

Blogger's Quilt Festival, part 2: Homespun Sampler

Here is my second entry in the Blogger's Quilt Festival .




I joined many other quiltmakers in the Moda Blockheads weekly quilt-along.  I collected patterns for a couple of months. Once I took the plunge I tuned in eagerly every Wednesday for the new block. I decided to use homespun plaids, a fabric genre well-represented in my stash.  That way I wouldn't have to buy any more. (Of course Moda's intent was to showcase its designers and their fabric lines.)

The Stashbusters Yahoo group had an  Irish Chain Challenge. That inspired the chain setting.

I had it professionally quilted.

Moda is currently running Blockheads II but I haven't joined.  Yet. :)

Blogger has stopped sending comments by email.  Without that feature it's hard to respond personally.   I think I've fixed it. (Leave a comment and we can test the fix.)

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I have all the patterns, but haven't made a single one. Now, I'm collecting Block Heads 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous -- a terrific sampler! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love homespuns and have a huge collection of them. I love how you used them here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you showcased the blocks. Very stunning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great setting for your blocks and can't to wrong with Homespuns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt, and this was a great way to showcase all the various blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nann! I just love the Irish Chain setting for all of these blocks. It really ties them all together yet lets them shine individually. Nice job! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love homespun! They are so cuddly

    ReplyDelete
  9. This Blockheads is very beautiful! Sampler quilts are so unique and you will enjoy for years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate to admit, I wasn't too enthusiastic about the blockheads when it was going on. But I love what you've done wi them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great sampler quilt - love your layout :)

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.