Tuesday, September 18, 2018

A quick finish!

It was 88 degrees yesterday. That  was the warmest September 17 in 63 years, according to the Tribune's weather archivist. (He's Frank Wachkowski and he's been keeping the records for years. Here is a story about him.)  I ran a couple of errands and then gave myself permission to stay inside and sew.

I listen to audiobooks when I sew (unless my husband is with me, in which case we watch TV). I finished listening to Mercy Falls, #5 in the Cork Corcoran series by William Kent Krueger. This summer I've been listening to the series in order -- a slow but steady binge. I've read a few and listened to a few but by starting from the beginning I get the character development and story arc.

Here's the finish!





 I pieced the back because I didn't want to fuss with getting the blue checks to line up.

The selvedge was dated 1992. I haven't had the fabric that long. It was likely an estate-sale purchase. It was a thrift-shop purchase, I found when I went back to some old posts. 








Quilting detail.  Blue thread on blue-on-blue was a little hard to see, but I managed.

Total:  6 yards, all from my stash.

[This post shows the genesis of these blocks.]


See what other quiltmakers are doing
at Connie's Linky Tuesday

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fun way to use the tiny scraps. The long strips corral them nicely. I like to piece backs like you for the same reason. Who wants to match prints unless it's absolutely necessary? Thanks for the tip about Mercy Falls. I finally caught up with Bess Crawford and Maisie Dobbs so I've been looking for another.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.