Monday, September 17, 2018

Blogger's Quilt Festival, part 1: Initial Colors

Thanks to Preeti for alerting me to the Blogger's Quilt Festival which is now live!












Here is Initial Colors.  It was my entry in the guild's 2018 challenge . The instructions were to make a two-color quilt out of one block.  The colors and the block name had to be the maker's initials.  My quilt is N.E.B. -- New York Beauty in Eggplant and Blue.

It's one of my favorite quilts.



Blogger has stopped sending comments by email.  Without that feature it's hard to respond personally.  I think I've fixed it. Leave a comment and we can test the fix.

13 comments:

  1. The colors are lovely. Your value choices make this quilt sing as points come in and out of focus. It will always be a favorite. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilt, Nann. Eggplant and blue waltz together beautifully. I do have one complaint - not enough pictures. I want to get real close, bury my nose into the fabric, see the quilting detail and the subtle color changes. Yes, I am nosy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great -- yummy -- colors! It's a lovely piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt and what fun rules for the challenge. I want to make a New York Beauty one day. On the Quilt bucket List.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fix to comments involves deleting an old setting and resetting it. I don't remember what setting, tho. Maybe someone else can help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NYB is one of my all time favorites. Your quilt is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see why it's your favorite, such a beautiful quilt, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very pretty, and I can appreciate all the work that went into piecing those NY Beauty blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love paper piecing. This is truly a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love NYB blocks. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.