Wednesday, September 19, 2018

An unexpected project

Some years ago I sewed strips of two different batiks into 3.5" rail fence blocks. I assembled the blocks into a small panel. Other activities came up and the panel was consigned to the orphan blocks box.  I took it out last month and put it on the countertop.  A couple of batik maple leaf blocks came out of the orphan box, too.

Hmmm.   I made three more maple leaves and added two of them to the orphans.  (The third leaf is going back in that box.)

I still had some of the light batik in the rail fences, enough to make a narrow border.

While we watched two episodes of "A Place to Call Home" (Australian series on Acorn TV) last evening I assembled, quilted, and bound the table runner.  It's 14 x 41.

This will be donated to the silent auction at the Zion Woman's Club Bunco Night in October.

Linking up with Susan and friends at Midweek Makers 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I like the fact that your orphans became something that will be so helpful to someone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great UFO finish. It looks nifty. And, you are donating it too. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.