Sunday, July 1, 2018

Weekly update: stash report, a flimsy, and OMG for July

Halfway through the year!
Fabric in, June:  25-3/4, $138.50  (avg. $5.37/yard)
Fabric out, June:  28-1/8

Fabric in, January to June:  160-1/4, $503.25  (avg. $3.13/yard)
Fabric out, January to June: 338-3/8

Net decrease: 178-1/8 yards

I began this quilt before I went to the ALA conference. The pattern is by Nancy Rink and was published in Quilt magazine some years ago.  The box blocks are 8" (unfinished); with sashing, 9.5" (unfinished).  68" x 82:, 5 yards.















My One Monthly Goal for July is to make a baby quilt. The expectant mother is our church music director. The shower is in mid-August.  I have cut 5" novelty squares though I haven't decided on a block or a setting.

Here is the linkup lineup:
One Monthly Goal
Oh Scrap!
Monday Making
Design Wall Monday
 Moving It Forward

12 comments:

  1. Great choice of colors in that blue quilt. So peaceful and inviting. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have done your sashing borders on this quilt. Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty blue quilt! Good luck with your July OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great stashing busting this year. I like you blue square in a square blocks. You've got some fun projects in the works. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great flimsy!!! I love the blues in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun fabric! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to use an older pattern for these quiet blues and greys. It will make a lovely quilt.
    I enjoyed using novelty prints in my last baby quilt. You'll find a wonderful way to use yours, too. Those funny prints do make us smile, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the colors in your quilt top. And I think the expectant Mother will be honored to receive your baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your fabric choices and this top.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure use your fabric. I’m trying not to add but I’m pretty sure I did this month. Most be time to do a few pillowcases! Have fun with that cute little baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun Nancy Rink pattern, soft and soothing colors too. Baby quilts are quick and fun--once you decide on a pattern, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot get over how much fabric you have sewn up! What a great job and your quilts look great!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.