Monday, July 9, 2018

Weekly update: stars and pine trees



I met a mermaid on the beach last week. I left her to splash in the very calm water. 

The early July wildflowers are wonderful.









We skipped the country classics bands and fireworks on Wednesday but on Thursday we enjoyed the Lake County Symphony Orchestra concert in the park.












Meanwhile, in the studio:  I made 8.5" (unf) stars
for the I Spy quilt. The novelty squares are 4.5"

There are two pink prints for the background  because I didn't have enough of either one to make all backgrounds the same. I'm contemplating designs for the borders. 














I made mug rugs as favors for the 2014 and 2016 Magpie meetups.  For this year's meetup (just two weeks away!)  I made pot holders/hot pads with Insul-Brite for heat resistance.  They're 9" finished. 


Monday link ups:
Monday Making
Design Wall Monday
Oh, Scrap!







5 comments:

  1. That is such a cute quilt! Love the idea of the novelties in the middle of the stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pot holder. I have made potholders but they never seem to be the right size or pliable enough for me to use except as a trivet. Must consider again and perhaps wash one or two I currently have to see if they get more user friendly. Your tree of life is great though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pine trees! And you made so many! Awesome!
    You are so prolific. I also enjoy reading your other adventures, especially the concert.
    It was way too hot here in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful star blocks and those two pink backgrounds work well together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your novelty stars are very fun, I love that pink background because it's so unexpected.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.