Friday, August 16, 2024

Friday check in: HLC 2024 list, a finish-and-a-half

 

The 2024 Hike Lake County Challenge list was released yesterday.    

Each year Lake County Forest Preserves selects a dozen trails for the challenge. Participants have until December to walk (or run, skip, hop....) seven of them.    

I took up HLC in 2020 as a pandemic exercise.  Each year I've overachieved by doing all of the designated trails.  Regular readers know I keep going all year.  

A couple of these are new.  Some are close to home, others are at the opposite corner of the county.   

It rained off and on yesterday but the sun is out today. Tune in again to see my progress!

# # # # #


There is progress in the studio.  On Wednesday I wrote that I had two time-specific projects. 

#1 is a mug rug for a P.E.O. sister who's retiring at the end of the month.  




When Modern Quilt Studio announced the Kamala Quilt pattern I bought the download.  The full quilt has five rows.  Blocks are 8 x 12.  I'm thinking about a banner to hang sideways on the front door.   I've spent a lot of time auditioning borders and hope to have that worked out soon.

P.S.  Be sure to see Preeti's political statement in this post !

Linking up with Finished or Not Friday

8 comments:

  1. I hope you meet your goal of doing all 12 trails again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on going above and beyond on the Hike Lake County challenge. Wish we had something like that. Thank you for sharing the link to Kamala Banner offered through the MQG and sharing the link to Preeti's post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Kamala quilt! Sew Preetie-loved her speech! Happy Friday Nann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Relax mug rug is awesome! Perfect for retirement. Preeti's post was very well said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I downloaded the pattern and made a donation! Can't wait to get started. Your hike Lake County plans sound wonderful, too. It's great that there are still places that are new to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun challenge. Hopefully the weather cooperates over the next few weeks. The mug rug is really fun. Happy stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mug rug is a perfect gift for a retiree and the sentiment is spot on.
    Will be fun to watch your progress on the trail list which I remember you doing before.
    And intrigued by the Kamala quilt idea too.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.