Friday, June 14, 2024

Friday check in: almost a flimsy

 


We enjoyed three visits to different parts of Illinois Beach State Park this week.  There are four entrances along the six-mile shore.    It got very hot yesterday so no walk after the "seniors and caregivers" luncheon at church.  (Stevens was willing to attend and I was the caregiver.)  Hot again today -- the next door neighbor mowed their lawn at 8:30 a.m. to beat the heat.  


One of many bumblebees enjoying foxglove, aka beardtongue.


# # # # #





I made 100 two-step blocks for Cynthia's current block drive .  I mailed them yesterday, along with fabric, some thread, and a flimsy.   (100 blocks = 6-1/4 yards.)




I have the red star blocks sashed (and cornerstoned).   I like the multicolored stripe for the border but I'm figuring out an insert for the top and bottom to make it rectangular.


Linking up with Finished or Not Friday . . .  and now, on to the very long to-do list!  

 


P.S.  Daisies at Van Patten Woods, Tuesday afternoon.

6 comments:

  1. Great work. And love the picture of the daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice summer colors in the quilt top; it will be interesting to see what you decide to do to make it a rectangle vs a square.

    Have a good weekend, Ceci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer is definitely here. Cynthia will be thrilled with the 100 blocks. The red blocks with the yellow sashing is a wonderful combination. Stay cool and stitch on this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such pretty places for your daily walks! I'm really liking that yellow and red going on in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great bumblebee photo! I really like the look of your star quilt - great way to use up those bonus triangles. You're amazing to make 100 blocks for Cynthia! That's a good reminder for me to dig out the fall scraps and get some made, too.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.