Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Midweek: mini quilt swap -- wow!

 Yesterday I received the mini-quilt from my MQG swap partner, Sara Hooten.     I am utterly gobsmacked.  Isn't it gorgeous?

A big picture of a small quilt 


Detail of applique and quilting 

Sara used this photo.  I took it at the entrance to the Zion-Benton Public Library in August, 2021. 

Zion is Monarch and Zinnia City. This year Benton Township (Beach Park and Winthrop Harbor) will join as the Bee Cities.  (Our high school mascot is the Zee-Bee.)  


Posting to Midweek Makers Wednesday Wait Loss
 

10 comments:

  1. What a beautifully thoughtful gift!

    Bird 'Pie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara is very talented and lucky you to get one of her creations! Your photo is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely photo, and it's just amazing to me that it can be made as a little quilt design! Zinnias are such pretty flowers - I need to plant some this year. I didn't know that they attract monarch butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow a master applique artist and machine quilter...lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo and she did a lovely job translating it into fabric. What a nice gift. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/02/21/wednesday-wait-loss-368

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, when I clicked over from the linky, I thought it was a photo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quiltdivajulie - I love the mix of monarchs and zinnias and that quilt is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.