Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Midweek: I spy a finished quilt

 

Yesterday the Zion Woman's Club enjoyed a program about Quilts of Valor presented by my guild friend Sharon.  ZWC learned a lot and I did, too!  

There are two veterans in our club and I'm going to propose a QOV award for them. 




This week's start-and-finish.

Our P.E.O. chapter is having a baby shower this coming Sunday.  One of our chapter sisters is expecting her first child in December.   Though the shower theme is books, and I have those to give, I couldn't NOT make a quilt!  Linda W., another chapter sister, is also a quilter and she made a bunch of blocks for this project.  

Blocks use a 5." square and two 2.5" squares to finish at 4.5".

At least one of the novelty prints I used here was also in the first I Spy quilt I made for another P.E.O. chapter sister -- back in 1999!  Even a F8th of a novelty cam go a long way.

I've sewn and trimmed all the cut-away corners into 1.5" HSTs.  


Linking up with Midweek Makers  Wednesday Wait Loss




8 comments:

  1. What fun to have a QOV program! Fun photo of you two, too, Nann!!! And yes for a baby quilt, along with a book shower! Looks so cute--an I-Spy!!! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute "I Spy" quilt--great photo, too hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a fun quilt, Nann! It's going to be loved by the new baby and family. I would even enjoy playing I Spy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellow makes such a cheerful background for the blocks. I’ve used that pattern, too. Ann at FretNotYourself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the QOV quilts! So wonderful. We've had several veterans in our guild and awarded them QOV too so I highly recommend you nominate them. Love the baby quilt, and the fact that one fabric is also in another sister's quilt. Full circle moment! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/11/08/wednesday-wait-loss-353

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun baby quilt. Lots of scrappy fun to keep a little one entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh i love that baby quilt and what's not to like about QOV? you are a terrific inspiration to me nann...here in ME and a bit o' snow today....more seafood too...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun I Spy quilt for hours of entertainment!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.