Thursday, November 9, 2023

Friday check in: Bramble Blooms QAL

I've signed up for Audrey's Bramble Blooms QAL.  More accurately it is a DAL -- design along -- and I look forward to the exercise in creativity.  


The introductory post was about the fabric pull:  three colors in stacks, with a variety of prints in each stack.  

I started with light green, then went to pink, and finally purple.





Part one was to make a background using fabric from one stack.  Here's mine. 

They are similar but distinct from one another.

I learned to make pieced backgrounds in a  workshop with Pat Sloan and I've made them several times since then.  




The fun part with Bramble Blossoms is the second lesson:  freehand applique.  Here's my first draft.  More to come!  

Commenting on Audrey's Quilty Folk and linking up with Finished Or Not Friday and  Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?


14 comments:

  1. Nann, this is a very cool project! Love the backgrounds you chose! Can't wait to see it progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are off to a good start. Looks like you are going to have a few fun weeks here at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice fabric pull ;))) Looks like you've got a great idea simmering there;))
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you joined in. It will be fun to see what everyone creates from the same prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great start on your springtime garden. So glad you've decided to join the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun start, Nann! I'm enjoying following along to see what people are trying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quiltdivajulie - I love the mix of pinks, greens, and purples!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun colors! Your flowers are wonderful already.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great you're joining the "design-along," Nann. You've drawn some sweet flowers and have a great selection of fabrics. It will be fun to watch your flowers blossom, and all the others', too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking great, Nann. The flowers are delightful. Ann at FretNotYourself

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen a couple of others who are playing along with this QAL. It's going to be fun to see what each one does.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an interesting exercise. I like what you've got going. It'll be fun to follow your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a fun project. Your flowers look great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That does look fun!!! I like how you have started!!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.