Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Midweek: catching up, indulgence, and a new start

 


Here are my Bramble Blooms blossoms.  They're fused (Heat 'n' Bond Light) and sewn with a narrow zigzag stitch.









Sparkling Triangles, continued:   I cut the border strips 6" because that was the width of the pattern repeat.  You might think the border print is sufficiently busy to make matched seams unnecessary, but I like to try to do that. (Maybe it's a holdover from all those years of garment sewing....).   I may trim the borders down an inch, but I may not.  



Yesterday was Part III of Barb M's estate sale. Here's my haul -- it worked out to $1.92 per yard.  (Part II was in October and Part I in September.)   The proceeds from each sale go to nonprofit organizations, this time to Make-a-Wish.   Paula said there are two bedrooms in Barb M's house (her husband still lives there) that she and her group haven't entered, both packed with fabric.  The next sale will benefit St. Judes and the sale after that will benefit  P.E.O.  "I'm a P.E.O.," I said, and Paula introduced me to Lisa, one of the helpers, who belongs to a P.E.O. chapter in Kenosha.  What fun!

To wrap up this midweek post:  here is the new start.  Come back on Friday to see these hourglass units pieced into blocks.  


Linking up with Wednesday Wait Loss

Midweek Makers 

7 comments:

  1. Your Bramble Blooms center is a fun start! Love the Sparkling Triangles, too. They really do sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bramble center is so pretty--what a great start you've made on this...I think I'll be able to do some sewing by Monday--hope so anyway!! It's been reported to me that I am just a little bit cranky--;))))
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb M. reminds me of my sister who came along with me when I went quilt store shopping. She said she wasn't a quilter, she was a fabric collector. She didn't have rooms and rooms of fabric but she never finished a quilt. Your blossoms look great. The center kind of has a wildflower feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do love sparkling triangles....definitely my kind of quilt....and ooh la la...luscious new stash! so many pretties to amp up your mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really wish there were estate sales here but they don't seem to have caught on like they have in the US. Mind you, maybe better I don't go to any because I'd be bound to come home with things I don't need!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Bramble block is really cute, a bit of spring in fall. The darker border really does make those triangles sparkle. Enjoy your new project. Great fabric haul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice start on your Bramble Blooms, Nann. The Sparkling Triangle quilt top came together beautifully! Have fun with your new start.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.