Friday, November 24, 2023

Friday check in: it's a flimsy

 


Moss on fungus at Lyons Woods on Wednesday. 


Queen Anne's lace is still lacy at Sun Lake on Thursday.

After all that walking (the Sun Lake trail is 2.5 miles) I allowed myself generous portions for Thanksgiving dinner.  



 Turkey was .59/lb with a $25 purchase at Jewel.  I bought a 17-pounder because we like the left overs. The sides were red cabbage with apples, wild rice pilaf with pecans, green beans (not the casserole!).  I always make Mama Stamberg's cranberry relish and this year I tried the chutney (click on the link to get the recipes for both).  

As the song says, "Hurrah for the pumpkin pie!"  I cook down the Halloween pumpkins, freeze the pulp, and make pies (and other pumpkin delights).    

# # # # #  I flung two quilts for the December 2 fundraiser for Cory's Project.  Quilts need to be out in the world rather than in a pile in the basement.


I thank Dot in NC who pointed out that the block is a variation of Arabic Lattice.  I'm calling it Arabic Hourglass.  

Can you find the mis-turned units?   Do you think I should change them?  


Linking up with  Finished or Not Friday Peacock Party



13 comments:

  1. not at all....it's now unique....glad to hear you had a bountiful feast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Green beans (NOT the casserole). Oh how I miss plane delish veggies at T-day dinner. Happy leftovers :-)

    Great flimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No to changing them. The quilt is busy and it all looks like it is design elements. Most of the people we give quilts too don't look beyond the color, beauty and cuddliness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful meal, and I'm with you in loving leftover turkey. I always think it tastes better the next day anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful November sightings on your walk, Nann! Dinner sounds delicious. We had green beans (not the casserole), too. I really like your quilt design as is - the blocks would only need to be moved around if you wanted the dark and light wedges oriented in exactly the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely no to changing them, I can't even find them! We love any kind of leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found only one misturned unit--if you think there's more then I guess we differ on what is considered "dark".

    Don't change it. It's neither jarring nor noticeable.

    The rice pilaf with pecans sounds heavenly. My breakfasts for the past 2 days has been a slice of pumpkin pie with coffee. So yummy!

    Bird 'Pie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every time I made a mistake that I didn't fix, I've regretted it. Some I didn't notice, some I figured were no big deal. Unfortunately, my eye is always drawn to the mistake. Either way, your quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I find them - only because you made me look. Finished is better than perfect and once the borders are on it's done. Even though they are on the edges and there's less unpicking I'd still leave them as they are. The colours are lovely and the centres make it very lively.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Thanksgiving feast! ... Your choice to make the change; I would switch them. But it is a busy design and no one would notice if you didn't point it out. Are the blocks made using partial seams? JanetT

    ReplyDelete
  11. No turned blocks stand out at first glance and I'm not going hunting so...
    Your Thanksgiving feast sounds delicious. Since hubby is on Gtube and it was only the two of us I had leftover pork roast and lots of veggies from the garden. I was going to make a pie but knew I would eat the whole thing so thought better of that and had an apple with carmel dip for dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't find them but I do love this quilt and I like the name you gave it!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.