Monday, October 9, 2023

Weekly update, part 1: another quilt show

 The Lighthouse Quilters Guild in Racine held their show this weekend.   The venue was a banquet hall that provided a large open space to display many quilts and host a good number of vendors.

As I waited to pay the entry fee a woman said, "You're Nann!"  I turned around and she introduced herself:  Sue L., who knew me from reading my blog.  She particularly remembered this post from 2009 about an estate sale in Waukegan, which is her home town.   [I've just reread the blog post and realize that at least half of what I got I've since passed along.]  


Top center:  Australian prints. (I want to remember this design.)

Lower left:  2020 temperature quilt.  












The butterfly quilt is about 85 x 85. The hexies are 1/2" finished.


 

Their 2023 challenge was Dresden Plate -- any interpretation.  


Local quilt shows encourage and inspire both the guild members and viewers like me!




2 comments:

  1. Some gorgeous quilts at the show and how fun to meet one of your readers!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.