Friday, August 11, 2023

Friday check in: music, flowers, and Borderlands



Last evening we enjoyed the season finale at the Zion Park District bandshell.  The Blooz Brothers covered great classic rock.   We set up our chairs next to our friend Kathy.     






This week's wildflowers, clockwise from left:  nodding onion, blazing star/gayfeather (liatris),  veronicastrum (with bumblebee), widow's frill/starry campion, rough blazing star/button snakeroot, woodland sunflower.

# # # # #







In the studio:  Borderlands is finished.  The name comes from the variety of fabric:  Australian prints for the blocks and setting triangles, Stonehenge for the sashes, an African print for the border.  (I had enough scrap to remove the big white flowers. See Monday's photo.) 
 






The back has  African prints and an African batik on the left and a Balinese batik sarong (from this estate sale).  

Lots to do in the next ten days.  Gotta get cracking!

Linking up with Finished or Not Friday  Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?  Peacock Party  -- with thanks to hosts Alycia, Sarah, and :Wendy.  

 


5 comments:

  1. Oh my! Borderlands turned out fabulously!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Borderlands is just great!! looks like you had a good time too!! I love that you can do concerts in the park... I may have to search to see if a town near me does that - what fun you all had!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Borderlands is a fantastic quilt! Wow! I do enjoy seeing your wildflower photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a delightful post...and finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Borderlands is a perfect name and the quilt itself is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.