Friday, August 4, 2023

Friday check in: does it count as something yellow?

 

Set together the blocks were dense and dark.

What about sashing?   Nothing in the Aussie fabric box worked (mostly F8ths and FQs in that collection)  My stash yielded a Stonehenge print that was just right.  Alas, I was a few sashes short.  I found another tone-on-tone yellow-gold that blends nicely and I'm going to go with it.

Yellow is the RSC color for August so there's a goal achieved.


Here's how I left the design wall when I came upstairs last evening.  The red edge triangles are an Aussie print, one of the few I had in yardage. 




More yellow at Illinois Beach State Park earlier this week:  

Whole leaf rosinweed, black-eyed Susan.

Yellow false foxglove, early goldenrod

Linking up with  Can I Get a Whoop Whoop  Finished or Not Friday  Peacock Party



9 comments:

  1. outta the park again nann....perfect...or should i say pahk??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Bless her heart: she's a few sashes short of a flimsie."

    Bird 'Pie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing at "a few sashes short of a flimsie", the knitter's equivalent is being a few skeins short of a sweater. I'd have gone for sunflower gold but that's because I don't bat for "blends nicely"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quilt! How very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That comment was from me, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a pretty design with your original blocks set on point! I don't think anyone will notice that there are two different sashing fabrics either. Always enjoy seeing your wildflowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would say it counts! The quilt is looking great so far. The red triangles set it off so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sashing and setting triangle fabrics are perfect, Nann! I love seeing the blocks with and without them. Also, finished reading The Sheltered Life this week. Very interesting; I see it in my mind as a black and white movie with a young Bette Davis playing Jenny Blair, Carole Lombard as Mrs. Archbald, and Humphrey Bogart gets cast as George. ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you turned the blocks on point - gives it a whole 'nother look!!!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.