Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Midweek: a good start on OMGs and Big Coins finished

 OMG part 1:  one of the four wheelchair quilts is quilted and bound.  [I made 13 wheelchair quilt flimsies.  By the end of February I quilted nine of them.   In March I want to quilt the other four.]

These blocks were left over from two previous projects.  All homespun plaids.






OMG, part 2:   something green, the March RSC color.

Placemats are another guild charity project.  I used left over RSC units (2020 and 2019).  










The Big Coins quilt is finished! 65 x 70, approx.  The coins are 2"x5.5" unfinished. The sashes are 5.5" unfinished.  You can see that I had to trim across the top and bottom edges.  



Big Coins back. I used left over coins so I didn't have to match the large-scale print.  

The backing fabric was a guild rummage purchase last year.  There were six 3-yard cuts and I bought them all.  I soon found out that the faux woodblock print is very, very dark. I've used it wrong-side-out as the backing for three quilts...and I haven't used it all.   [See, it looks dark in this photo but it's a lot darker on the right side.]

Busy days, lots of errands, but time to quilt in the evenings.  Snow in the forecast for Thursday night.

Linking up with Midweek Makers and Wednesday Wait Loss

4 comments:

  1. Lovely finishes--I love those wood block prints but a lot of them are really dark...good idea to use the reverse side;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a three yard cut I wouldn't mind how dark it is, it's nice to know that you have "enough" backing going into a project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so many finishes! Your wheelchair quilts are always so nice. I know they will bring cheer, as will the quilted placemats. Isn't it nice to have the Big Coins quilt finished? So great that the rummage sale backing worked out! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big Coins looks like a great way to use up a lot of scraps. I'm going to keep this in mind!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.