Sunday, March 5, 2023

Weekly update: stash report, OMG, and more

 The Lake County Women's Coalition celebrated Women's History Month on Saturday.  "Women who tell our stories" is the 2023 WHM theme.  Each LCWC member organization honored a Lake County woman who has done just that.    The Zion Woman's Club chose Zion writer Sandy Dickson and AAUW-Waukegan Area Branch chose historian Diana Dretske. 









Actor Jenny Riddle portrayed Barbara Walters based on Walters' autobiography Audition. 



ZWC


AAUW


MaryFran was the high bidder for "Hidden Stars," the quilt I donated to the silent auction. 

And I won a big gift basket with soup mixes and other edible delights.

# # # # # #

The March 1 guild meeting was the annual rummage sale.  I bought a table for $10 and sold 35 yards of fabric.   I acquired 14 yards from another member's "free" table.   Good deal. Guild members were encouraged to bring no-longer-wanted quilt books to sell to benefit the guild.  The donated books filled four 8' tables!  (I donated but did not buy.  I don't know what they'll do with 'em all.)

# # # # # #

Stash report, February:  30-3/4 yards OUT.   43 yards IN  $509, $11.84 avg.  Most of that was QuiltCon.

YTD:   101-1/2 OUT.   63 yards IN, $509,$8.07 avg.  (The "in" for January was free, so the dollars spent stayed the same.)

# # # # #

OMG for March:

(a)   Something green for RSC

(b)   Quilt the remaining wheelchair quilts.  (I handed off the 9 I'd finished to the guild charity chairs.  I have four flimsies.)

(c)   Decide on a quilted something as the Zion Woman's Club donation to the Illinois GFWC convention.   

And finally, here is the work-in-progress.  I'm auditioning bindings and hope to get this finished this evening.


Linking up with Oh Scrap!  OMG March   Design Wall Monday

5 comments:

  1. Apologies if I've asked before, but what dimensions are your wheelchair quilts? And do you use flannel on the back? I enjoyed reading the obit of your friend Ellie. She sounds like a force to be reckoned with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt, Nann! Did you manage to finish the binding tonight? Looking forward to the quilt reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a fun outing with friends and a great coin quilt...so many memories of projects worked on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy looking bunch....nice scrappy coins...i think you showed remarkable restraint there nann...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’d be interested in you wheelchair quilt dimensions too. In fact how about a brief synopsis of how you make them. Congrats on winning a nice food basket. Your Ohio star quilt is a real beauty.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.