Friday, February 10, 2023

Friday check in: finished!

 

I finished the daisy wall hanging.  I adapted a design from a pattern in the National Quilting Assn. magazine.  20" x 20".

It will be presented to the outgoing president of the P.E.O. Lake County  Round Table in appreciation for her six years in office.  The P.E.O. flower is the marguerite, or daisy, and there were seven founders.

I've made crumb-pieced backgrounds for several projects and I like the effect.

This is one of my OMGs for February.

Linking up with  Alycia's Finished or Not Friday  and Wendy's Peacock Party  and Sarah's Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?



16 comments:

  1. Nann, that is beautiful! It will be a lovely gift. I like crumb pieced backgrounds for applique, too - all that yellow is perfect for the daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crumb pieced background is perfect for this delightful little quilt! Something I'd like to try if I ever get around to doing applique again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a crumby background for applique. I did that once in a class (Pat Sloan, I think) and love that the focus goes to the applique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The life in the background and the leaves adds so much interest without taking away from the daisies. Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An early spring bouquet and the background is great. Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m a big fan of crumb pieced backgrounds too! I especially like the daisies! My youngest granddaughter is named Shasta! I’ve done dais for herb in the past! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty daisy wall hanging! So spring-ish, love the scrappy yellow background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome - so cheerful and says SPRING! I have done scrappy backgrounds on a couple of wall hangings, and like the depth it provides. - - Sara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty! And the yellow is so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beautiful. Love the scrappy background. I am a big fan of improv pieced backgrounds. They add such richness. I am sure that the recipient will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a thoughtful and pretty gift! You did a great job, love that sunny yellow background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those daisies. And that background idea is wonderful. What a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job. It turns out I like flowers in small small quilts.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.