Sunday, January 1, 2023

Scrappy New Year! stash report, annual reckoning, and OMG for January

 

Fast away the old year passes . . . hail the new, ye lads and lasses!

We spent New Year's Eve watching 1883, the prequel to Yellowstone.  We've gotten caught up in the Dutton family saga.  I'm reminded of the epic movie How the West Was Won which made a big impression on me.  (It came out when I was 10.)  

While we watch I sew and I am pleased to report that I quilted and bound another one of the wheelchair quilts.   That's five out of eleven.  

The stash report for December:   fabric out, 81-1/2 yards.   Fabric in, 22-1/4 yards (no cost). 

This is the 25th year I've tracked fabric acquisition and use.  Here's the history.

The bulk of my acquisition this year was  a destashing bargain-- 1200 yards for $223 (.75/lb). That brought this year's the average per yard to .65, the least since I started tracking.  I need to sew faster!  (Online selling seems to be a hassle so I'll be more purposeful about giving fabric away.)

I made many quilts and flimsies in 2022 which gave me great satisfaction.  I'm NOT going to set any sweeping resolutions for 2023 -- I'm going to aspire to joy.   And completion.  And maybe more OUT than IN.

I will continue with One Monthly Goal hosted by Patty at Elm Street Quilts.  My January goal is to make a 24 x 24 mini quilt for the MQG Modern Mini Swap.  I need to mail it to my swap partner in February.  (I've decided on the design.) 

# # # # #

Saturday and Sunday were great days for walks.  What a contrast to last weekend!  





Upper left:  rocks (not pebbles) on the beach. Upper right:  beaver lodge at Spring Bluff -- that's not enlarged; I could have walked on it. Right center and lower left:  Spring Bluff.  Lower right:  pack ice at the shoreline.


A little bouquet for New Year's.  In five months I'll be posting wildflower photos again.

Linking up with  Design Wall Monday Oh Scrap! and OMG January

I look forward to reading your posts as we continue our quilting journey in  2023.



7 comments:

  1. true winter will pass before we know it....your stats are always impressive nann

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has been watching that prequel too, but I just couldn't get interested in it. I've been watching the holiday marathon of West Wing. The political issues haven't changed since 2001-2006. That's scary! I'm really amazed at your fabric totals. Very impressive when you look at all that you've made over the years. Bringing enjoyment to you and warmth to the recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed with your statistical chart! I'm with you on mostly having sewing fun!!! Wishing you a fruitful and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing accomplishment! You make me wish I had kept track over all these years (or perhaps not - teehee). Wishing you a happy and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that--Scrappy New Year!!! And I can't believe you've been tracking your fabric purchases for 25 years, Nann! What an acquisition, at 19 cents per yard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your tracking form. Great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed by your tracking form, especially the fact that it goes back 25 years! You have certainly found some good bargains over the years. Wishing you a very happy, scrappy new year!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.