Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Midweek: solstice, finishes, and birthday stash bash!

 I was up very early Tuesday and took pictures of the sunrise on the lake for the summer solstice.    (5:15 a.m.) 








I have yet to find a really good not-wooded place to get a sunset photo. This was taken off a side road about 8:20 p.m. (Sunset officially 8:32.)


# # # # # 

In the studio: I finished the 22 mug rugs and mailed them to the woman who commissioned them. They will be favors at the Georgia state P.E.O. convention next spring. (I joked it's up to her to remember where she put them!)   2-3/4 yards.



I have a first draft for the July BOM block for the guild:  nine-patch picnic basket. 





The batik churn dashes are a flimsy.   I am getting really good at cutting out the pieces for churn dash blocks.  The big blocks are 9-1/2" and the small blocks are 4-1/2".   Approx. 4-1/8 yards used.

# # # # # 

My 70th birthday is tomorrow, June 23. Today I made an advance on some of my husband's birthday gift (a check) though I haven't received the check yet.

My friend Chris asked if I'd be interested in some fabric that she was clearing out before she gave it to her church rummage sale.  She did some quilting/sewing/crafting years ago but she no longer does.  "I'm not sure how to price it," she said. I suggested ,75 per pound, which was fine with her.


Wow!   Lots and lots and lots and lots of quilting cotton from 80's to the 90's -- 297 pounds.  1200 yards.  $223.00.   

I'll say once again:  if I can't NOT buy fabric then at least I can get good bargains!  

This evening I will sort and refold these treasures!  

This is my last post for a while. I'm leaving early Friday morning for the ALA Annual Conference -- first time in-person since 2019!  I'll be home on Tuesday.

Linking up with Midweek Makers and Wednesday Wait Loss 

P.S. Birthday, 1959. 


 

17 comments:

  1. My husband and you share a birthday! Enjoy your conference...and I need to shop with you for fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Nann. That's quite a haul at a bargain price. You'll have a great time sorting thru it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot not to be Anonymous again. I hate this new way blogger works.

      Delete
  3. The above comment is from Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday 🥳🎉 Love your batik flimsy....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched midsummer events at Stonehenge online...far out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Have a great time at ALA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! You sure scored a bargain! Have a good trip! Lovely churn dash !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Nann! I loved your solstice photos! Fabric (or money for it) is definitely the best birthday present. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Nann! I love your churn dashes, a beautiful quilt. I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Happy CDs! Happy fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday!! Wow you made out good with all that fabric for that price!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! And enjoy that conference! I'm amazed at the bargains you've found in fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i hope you had a wonderful birthday! I’m loving your batik churn dash flimsy and am google-eyed at all that fabulous fabric you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oops! I forgot to sign my previous comment! XO, Kaholly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Many happy returns of the day! Enjoy the conference. You find the best fabric bargains.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.