Friday, October 14, 2022

Friday check in: a quilt show



The Southport Quilters (Kenosha) and the Women's Journeys in Fiber (Chicago) joined their annual shows at the  Anderson Arts Centeron the Kenosha lakefront.  I went up on Wednesday afternoon. 
 






This bright crumb quilt has a wonderful scrappy pieced back.  
The quilts on the upper right are meant to be shown as a pair. One makes the other look out of focus, on purpose.   

A charming vintage rescue.
Women's Journeys in Fiber had the theme Pathways: Dream Explore Discover.  Some of the pieces are quilted and others are, well, fiber.  


As Libby once said, local shows are especially inspiring because of range of quiltmaking on display.

The bonus for the show is that it was free of charge. There was no vendor mall (=no temptation).  


Linking up with  Finished or Not Friday 



6 comments:

  1. Such interesting and beautiful quilts. I'm planning to go to a quilt show about 90 miles from me - tomorrow. I always find inspiration from quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting variety of pieces shown. I particularly like that someone wanted an old UFO finished. Heck, I like the vendors at shows. It's a good way to see different "stuff" for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice and not usual run of mill quilts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great selection of quilts!!! sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting and eclectic variety of fiber arts as well as quilts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many wonderful quilts! I really enjoyed this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.