Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Midweek: finish!

 


Happy 42nd anniversary to us! (8/23/80).


My big non-quilting project this week is to compose the 2022-23 Zion Woman's Club yearbook.  It's done! (MS Word's "booklet" format makes it so much easier to set up.) The draft has been sent to the club board members for their okay.  Because August has five weeks (that is, a fifth M,T,W next week) I feel that I've been given a gift of more time.  The first club meeting is September 6.



# # # # # # 

In the studio:  it's a finish!   


 


I used the walking foot and the serpentine stitch to quilt diagonally through the squares.  



The back uses a faux-batik and a faux-woodblock print.   I learned the "zipper" insert from Mary Ellen Hopkins and I use it often.  


Linking up with Midweek Makers  


10 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!! Isn't it surprising how quickly 40+ years go by?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! That's a pretty setting for the patchwork squares, and I love the backing, too. The zipper method is a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you two a very happy anniversary!!
    I call that machine stitch a 'wiggle' stitch and love it!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary, Nann and Stevens! Your latest quilt looks great. All those colors and plaids work together to make an interesting result. And the zipper back is clever. I'll remember it to combine some of my oddities for a back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'll say it again...a simple pattern done with perfect fabrics makes a beautiful quilt....very very nice nann...and happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! I love this latest quilt finish. With all the interesting plaid blocks the serpentine stitch quilting is a perfect fit, adding texture without distracting from the main design feature. Thanks for sharing the zipper back design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! (We're ahead of you by 2 months ;-)

    I love months that have 5 weeks. Before I retired it needed to be Fridays though, and now Mondays are lovely!

    On-point settings make every block look more elegant. Lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary!!!!
    THose quilts are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo of lovely bride and handsome groom. Wow, happy anniversary to you both.
    And lovely quilting also. Yes, no matter what I make I seem to end up with more scraps always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! It's amazing to me how some people never seem to look older. That's you!
    I love, love, love your finished quilt. With all the plaids it looks so comfortable and cozy. I can't tell for sure but I don't think you used any fabrics twice except for the side triangles. What size are the squares?

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.